How Fast you did you go in your E36?

I drove mine to 135 mph on over Lake Ponchatrain in La. but let off when i found myself climbing up the tail end of a semi . Haven't pushed it with the supercharger as i have to resolve some vacuume problems. However, am looking forward to discovering the top end soon. Will be interesting at worst, a thrill at best.

Cheers.

I did 125 in a 325e and hit a 145 in a very special 320i with the 2.0 in it (bought it from a BMW tech and never knew what it had inside) Speed is relative to the torque curve you have, if your pulling strong in 4th at 120 and feel it can go a bit more, there is no way an e36 can't go past 155..... I've seen them do it and blow the hell out of me on I87 in NY.

chief said:
I drove mine to 135 mph on over Lake Ponchatrain in La. but let off when i found myself climbing up the tail end of a semi . Haven't pushed it with the supercharger as i have to resolve some vacuume problems. However, am looking forward to discovering the top end soon. Will be interesting at worst, a thrill at best.

Cheers.

You're a braver soul than I. One wrong move on that bridge and you're going to the bottom of the lake.

I got my 92' 325i to 130, then the limiter stopped it. my brother had a prelude that went 130 but it took it forever to get there, he said the 325i got there much quicker. although the 325i may have 2 more cylinders, the prelude is so light it may as well be cardboard. he said he went 130 with his prelude in snow once and looked in the rear view mirror and said it looked somewhat like a star wars vehicle with all the debris shooting all around, lol...

Got to the 130 governor on the first day that I had the car .........on the ways home from buying it. Was a fantastics way to begin a relationship with my BMW. When I look back on it I realize how stupid it was 'cuz it was done on a street which led right through town. But hey, I'm still here!!!
BMW FOR LIFE

bl_doe

I had several times 210 Km/h with my old stock 95 318i ... guess it's 130 mph, but , frankly speaking, top speed it's not so interesting as compared with fast acceleration ... this stuff takes you out of troubles ... like fast start, fast take-over , not to mention the thrill and the push-in-the chair feeling.

the fastest i have ever gone is 100 in my 98 328 but i just got it like a week ago. i know it was pretty stupid but i was tryen to pass someone and all of a sudden realized i was doing 100 so i immediatly slowed down. not use to the power of a bmw 3 series. [^]