skid plate

my cars at a stock ride height and i know the rear shocks are about three or four years old (bilstein sports) but i'm not too sure about the front ones. its just that here in Colorado we have some of the worst roads in the country from all the freezing and thawing water so my oil pan takes a bit of a beating
There's really no difference between your roads and mine as far as freezing and thawing, but I've never had my oil pan bottom out, even driving a lowered E34 for a winter car (plow). You might want to get some new shocks in there. E30 stock ride height is infact ridiculous, so the shock travel must have been huge to rub the pan.

There's really no difference between your roads and mine as far as freezing and thawing, but I've never had my oil pan bottom out, even driving a lowered E34 for a winter car (plow). You might want to get some new shocks in there. E30 stock ride height is infact ridiculous, so the shock travel must have been huge to rub the pan.
shocks are defiantly the next thing im doing to my car but what happened was my wheels went down into a dip and i dug the oil pan into the up slope on the other side