Timing Light Hole?

Hey guys, if have a slight hesitation in throttle response and want to check ignition timing. I have searched this site and read my service manual but can seem to located the timing hole. I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly how to find it.

no timing hole....

Hey guys, if have a slight hesitation in throttle response and want to check ignition timing. I have searched this site and read my service manual but can seem to located the timing hole. I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly how to find it.

Very helpful.

There is a timing mark on the fanbelt damper. Just put a dab of white paint on the fan belt pulley.
To my knowledge there is no adjustment of timing on the latter 325i's, what rpm does he rev it to to check degrees before tdc etc....?

I think you're right.

Can't adjust timing on the motronics.

Prove me wrong though.

Your hesitation may be other things. Take a look at the distributor cap and rotor. I've seen some pretty hairy ones.

oh haha well that explains why i couldn't find one. Ya i don't think timing is adjustable, but it was just one thing i wanted to check. I'll definitely check the cap and rotor (probably original) and i'm thinking of replacing spark plug wires.
Thanks guys

you cannot adjust timing on motronics...that's the point of motronics

I think you're right.

Can't adjust timing on the motronics.

Prove me wrong though.

Your hesitation may be other things. Take a look at the distributor cap and rotor. I've seen some pretty hairy ones.