Spot dying of leather

seadzz

I have noticed some discoloration of the leather seats on both the driver and passenger seats in the bolster area. This is likely due to wear of repeated entry and exit from the seats. I am sure other owners with Sand Leather have similar problems. Is it possible to spot dye this back to the OEM color or does the entire seat need to be redone.

Before I start working on the seats with lacquer thinner and sand paper (wince) I thought asking a question would be best. Have a repair kit on order from Leatherique and was hoping to just clean and re-dye this area.

Many thanks folks.....love this site.

sdz

I have a similar problem with my grey leather but it was caused by my brown belt rubbing a spot where it contacted the seat. I caught the problem too late. Tried most leather cleaners and settled on Leatherique but it still won't get the stain out. I'd be interested in hearing about spot dying the site too.

[driving2]

Big Daddy

My M roadster has wear marks on the bolsters as well, so did my 750iL. Lexol did not return mine to its natural color so I spot dyed them. This worked well, however consider that both of mine were black leather. I now use a little extra caution as I enter the roadster to reduce the wear. This is a common BMW problem.