New rust cutting thread (pics inside)

New straight front L/R gaurds:

And new straight rust free boot/trunk lid:

New rear right door (lower "body kit" panel has been removed)

Appologies for poor picture quality... You get the idea,

Yep, its time for new/non-backyard-job-done-by-me, respray by one of my mates on the e30, though painting won't be happening untill halfway through the year, I'm going to be doing body work untill then (including driving around in undercoat *angry face*)

I'm keen on keeping the car green, painting inside the jams under boot lid etc.. Though am ready for something different (any inspiration pics guys?)

I'm thinking dark forest green with gold pearl, or just a forest green mica, what you guys think? It will be shot 2 pack this time like it should have been.

I paid $50AU each for those babies, and $100AU for the boot lid.

I've been looking for these parts for so long, got them at the wreckers.

Where you live, e30 gaurds should be plentyful plus you'll get em cheaper than i did too.

Good second hand e30 parts are rare in Aussie :(

Slightly more expensive than NZL. Guards are around NZ$30 and doors NZ$50-80, although I bought a door for $5 once that was a perfect colour match for my car, but that's a bit of dumb luck.

Stay tuned for my rust removal pics mate - found a small hole in the floor and had it all sewn up last week.

Stay tuned for my rust removal pics mate - found a small hole in the floor and had it all sewn up last week.
You can add your rust cutting to my collection of rust cutting threads :

http://www.bmwboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26764
http://www.bmwboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25964
http://www.bmwboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24428

And Scotty, at the time i was frustrated, suffering "the e30 burn" I'm hoping this will motivate me to wanna dress the old m20 up a bit aswell to get a little more power.
I'm about to fork out for a new fuel pressure regulator, as the diaphragm in it is rooted.

Cheers lads, I'm going with the ford BA falcon "k7" forest green metalic.

And Scotty, at the time i was frustrated, suffering "the e30 burn" I'm hoping this will motivate me to wanna dress the old m20 up a bit aswell to get a little more power.
I know, I used to be like that too... I used to hate my car about once a month. Eventually I took out my frustrations on my old VW jetta. I'll never own a VW ever again.

I know, I used to be like that too... I used to hate my car about once a month. Eventually I took out my frustrations on my old VW jetta. I'll never own a VW ever again.
A little enlightenment for me today;

After I finished work this afternoon, I compression tested the m20:
Cyl #1 - 135psi
Cyl #2 - 140psi
Cyl #3 - 137psi
Cyl #4 - 134psi
Cyl #5 - 135psi
Cyl #6 - 142psi

Ladys and gentlemen, WE HAVE COMPRESSION! [:)]
Pritty happy to see they are all around about the same, I wanna get the money to order a chip from dinan now, though i need to figure out this running rich problem (new fpr on the way [:)]) this crappy L-jetronic is a skank!
Peace.

good numbers, you must not be driving that thing hard enough!!

As a little side note, I just sold one of my old chips (Conforti chip from Turner Motorsport) and one of my old seats out of my first 325e for $100 yesterday! I was more than happy to get the seat out of my garage, and I basically sold the chip for $100 after I paid $200 for it like 7 years ago.)