Help with BMW Business CD Player

hatchness

Does any one know how to change the setup on the cd player so that the volume doesn't fluctuate depending on your speed. Currently, when you speed up, the volume increases and when you slow down, the volume decreases. I am hoping that this is a setting that can be deactivated. However, the CD user manual does not explain how to toggle this feature.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

As you start driving the background road noise, exhaust, etc. increases and can drown out the radio. The SCV (speed controlled volume) increases the volume of the radio based on speed, keeping the radio volume above the background noise. It works well, especially if you have the windows or ragtop down. This isn't exclusive to BMW. My '95 GMC Suburban has it, and I'm guessing that there are other manufacturers with it.

JHF

I've certainly not noticed that? Radio versus CD??? My Saab actually supposedly did that now that I think back, but the Z4 stereo is quite frankly so much better that I've been playing it louder, and my Saab was a sedan anyway.......

rlegrant

My ML320 has it. But on a SUV, the windows are up anyway with kids screaming. The thing is annoying and I haven't figured out how to turn it off.

On the Z4, however, I find it very important. I don't want to pull up to a light with the radio blasting away. People stare enough as it is. But at high speeds, you want to hear that favorite CD.

You can set it manually. Here in Massachusetts, when the top will be up most of the winter, I'll disengage it. Very easy to do.

Was that link enough for you to do it?