Help with Angel Eyes and Remote Locking

Toms789

Hello, i have a boston green metallic 1998 E36 318is Coupe

The next two enhancements i want to make to my car are Angel eyes and some sort of remote locking/alarm system.

What i want to know is what are the best Angel Eyes available? And what kind of prices?

Also, How do I go about fitting an Remote Locking/Alarm System? and what are the best kits? Genuine or aftermarket?

Thanks for all your help

my two cents

I am no pro, but I believe your car is prewired for factory alarm, regardless if it was a chosen option when delivered.

That means you can add a OE alarm to your system relatively easy.

People sell their used systems which would be plug and play, and you can also buy certain aftermarket I have seen online that are also plug and play.

It looks like the aftermarket stuff is around $150 with the key fobs, and you will probably spend that much on a used BMW system.

The new alarms (OE) are going to cost you around $400-500 I think.

I am thinking of doing the aftermarket plug and play myself.

I have installed an alarm system before and keyless entry before and it is not fun. The plug and play appeals to me.

Let us know what you wind up doing.

Hello, i have a boston green metallic 1998 E36 318is Coupe

The next two enhancements i want to make to my car are Angel eyes and some sort of remote locking/alarm system.

What i want to know is what are the best Angel Eyes available? And what kind of prices?

Also, How do I go about fitting an Remote Locking/Alarm System? and what are the best kits? Genuine or aftermarket?

Thanks for all your help