Engine knocking? help.

Hey guys just yesterday i noticed that there is something wrong with my car again. I have the 325e and now whenever I rev the car past 3k rpms i feel the engine knock(like something is out of timing or something) its just not smooth after 3k rpms. it does this whether the engine is in gear or in neutral. Any thoughts?

Read this thread.

Might be something totally different though. have you tried finding out exactly where the knock is coming from? Does it increase in speed with revs? Use a long screwdriver like a stethescope to help locate the source of the noise pressing it on various (non moving) parts of the motor.

Read this thread.

Might be something totally different though. have you tried finding out exactly where the knock is coming from? Does it increase in speed with revs? Use a long screwdriver like a stethescope to help locate the source of the noise pressing it on various (non moving) parts of the motor.[/QUOTE

I had read that thread. But I think it was different.
The next day i started it up, let it warm up and revved it up and it didn't make any odd sounds. Now 2 weeks later everything is good. Its funny how sometimes these cars seem to fix themselves. ^_^