Creaking Seat

Hello,

I have this creaking seat issue. I have used the search button but couldn't find any real fix on the forum. So here I am asking you all, do you know how to fix this ? It is so annoying when going over bumps and during turns, even slow ones. I don't think the leather is related to the creaking. In fact it shifts left and right in between the rail, at least that's how it looks like. Can I tighten the all thing ? It's even worse than the window seal squeaking (for this, I think I'm going to use teflon tape, we'll see ...). Also the forward/backward motion is impossible on the passenger seat, the handle is not functioning anymore(manual controls).

Any help appreciated :)

Thank you !

I think lubrication is key. You don't say whether the creaking is from the tracks or the the seat springs. You should be able to remove the seat, and if you find one of the bolts loose while unbolting then you may have found the problem. Before you take out a seat with power or heat unplug it. When you get the seat out. place it on an old rug or similar and sit on it in the drive or garage and see if it makes the same type of noises. If it does flip it over, check for broken parts. If you don't find any then carefully spray a silicone spray lubricant on the places where metal meets metal on the underside, like the wave springs underseat and the sliding tracks. You could use another lubricant but silcone should not harm the seat foam. Flip it back over and see if the noise is gone. If the seat didn't creak after you took it out and sat in it the first time then it could have been the connections. Use a thin nylon or teflon washer between the car body and the seat when you reconnect and see if it cures the noise.
On manual operating seats there is usually a spring that connects the handle you pull to the latch arm that unlocks on the tracks. You might have to pull this one out too and see how it functions and what's missing.

I just reached & looked under my driver's seat and there is so much plastic it's easy to see how noise could be broken plastic cover, substrate or plastic hanging up on the rails. However since mine are power I can't see what happens if the slide latches are stuck, loose or frozen. Best of luck, hope finding the solution is faster than this radiator refilling chore has been.