Conv Question - Tech help needed

I have a 1994 conv with a Power Top/Manual Lock. Found a used 1998 Power Top/Power Locks, can i use FULL POWER TOP on my 1994 and will it work? Is the wiring gonna be plug n play or is the harness different? Is there anything different about the switch or module. Basically, is it compatible?

Oh yeah, i need to replace my entire including frame because of a unknown bends in frame. So i not just changing top for the hell of it LOL. Figured while i'm changing it why not up grade, if able.

Attachments

Last edited:
I don't know of any BMW techs that frequent here. But you don't need to be a tech to learn about the possibilities of it having ANY chance of working. And my guess is that a BMW tech will only know by looking at part numbers between those years (a good tech will not going to experiment with a customer's car by using a mismatched part #) so here ya go:

The part number for the convertible top control unit is as follows:
1994 -1996 - 61358378795
9/1997 and up - 61358357679

Odds are pretty high that since the part numbers for the control unit are different, they may have changed something that could cause an incompatibility, wiring or computer control wise.

Thanks for the feed back. I guess the part numbers would be different because the tops are different, I need to find out if anyone has done it.