Brakes

My '96 Z3 1.9 is about due for brake service. I've grown weary of cleaning my wheels daily and am thinking about some aftermarket pads that produce less, or at least less visible, brake dust. Also, the rotors are a little worn and I think I'll replace them as well. Anyone been through this routine? Suggestions?

wileycoyote said:
My '96 Z3 1.9 is about due for brake service. I've grown weary of cleaning my wheels daily and am thinking about some aftermarket pads that produce less, or at least less visible, brake dust. Also, the rotors are a little worn and I think I'll replace them as well. Anyone been through this routine? Suggestions?
The only suggestion I have right now it to make sure you disconnect/detach the brake sensors on the front driver's side and the rear passenger's side. There are only two of them so don't get used to NOT seeing them when you work on the other two wheels. The only reason I mention this is because I just painted my calipers and hacked off my brake sensor on the rear passenger side while wire brushing it. I didn't even see it there. ...now I gotta buy a new one. [mad]

Once you get the job done, come back and share with us the pads you went with and if you like them or not.

I'm curious, too.

I'm considering ceramic pads to reduce dusting. Someone recommended Mintex, but it doesn't look like they make them for the Z3.

cariblue said:
I'm curious, too.

I'm considering ceramic pads to reduce dusting. Someone recommended Mintex, but it doesn't look like they make them for the Z3.
Sign up on z4um.com and check out the Z3 area. You'll find what you need. If not, ask Rachel. She knows everything...and if not, she knows where to go to find out. Trust me on this one! [:D]