'95 325i Window Problems

pizzzabob

Hey, all, new to board and to BMW ownership!

The wife bought a 12-year-old 325i with 69K miles and I've gotta admit it's a nice car.

Couple things need fixing though. The fuse for the rear windows was missing from the box and when I stuck one in there and tried to operate the windows, I hear a "thunk" noise about every six or seven seconds and no operation of the windows. I withdrew the fuse, figuring either it would blow or I might ruin a window motor or something.

Any quick advice on where to start troubleshooting? I have a Haynes manual and it does not offer a whole lot of help on this subject.

Also have a recalcitrant right front door lock that isn't working right, but I'll save that for another time!

TIA for any advice and help. Merry Christmas, everyone.....

I'd rip off the door panel of the door and while looking inside the door, press the button and see what it is.

It sounds like the motor is getting power, but it would hurt to check and see if that is the case.

It could be the motor, the arm, an obstruction, or a combination.

Good luck & Welcome to the board.

Sean

seems like the window lifter mechanism is giving u a problem, if u are ble to remove the assembly would help to check it physically

The "Thunk" you are hearing every 6 - 7 seconds is related to the window motor jam sensing. From what I have read, *supposedly* the motor circuitry senses when the window is jammed and attempts to reverse itself. There is *supposedly* a 7 second timer - if it is jammed for more than 7 seconds it attempts to recalibrate itself.

its the window regulator. there is a clip on the end to hold the arms and when you hit the button the clip is slipping off the mounts of the regulator. no problems with fuse or power so take off door panel and check regulator arms and clips.