300km's Since motor in...

Just completed a 230km round trip in the bimmer, and run about 50km in and around town before the big 230 trip.

So far, my 84' e30 bmw experience has been up to shit, all new problems since the car has been put back on the road after 4 months of inactivity include:

- Fuel pump whine while getting on and off the throttle at speed.
- Top end knock from poor ignition timing and noisy tappets after new adjustment...
- All new stabilizer bar creaks and squeaks (D rubbers have shat themselves)
- After returning from Canberra (big trip) heater core has dumped coolant into the cabin (making an ultra sexy green carpet under my girlfriends feet, left passenger side) Yup, heater core has shat...
- Sunroof window winder has broken off the shaft (<---- toped everything off nicely really)

I'm seriously having my doubts about this car, it is a constant nightmare, i can't keep up with my mates in the there stock (but, high powered commodores to my crappy 2.3 m20)
M20 continues to run rich, Oh, and as sexy as negative camber looks... The tyres all round are smooth on the inside.

Sorry guys, had to get this out, I'm pritty cut at the bimmer right now.
Post stuff thats wrong with your car here, and feel free to get as angry as you like!
[V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

Your car hates you. Simple as that. I had a Bimmer that hated me... and all I did was love it. One of these days you're going to find a nice 89-91 5speed 325is with an M-tech body kit, and it's gunna kick ass.

Try owning a E34!
[thumbd]I've got something binding in the rear left axle... hopefully some crap broken off the parking brake.
[thumbd]Rust growing in the corner of the trunk/rear window.
[thumbd]Rust on the front quarter panel
[thumbd]rust on the rear quarter
[thumbd]drivers door uphostery is peeling away from it's backing.
[thumbd]wobbly shifter bushings
[thumbd]just put a new radiator$$$ and thermostat in her after hand crafting a fan clutch tool out of diamond plate.
[thumbd]can't get one of my back seats to fold down
[thumbd]Those M5 rims I have... bald... wanna know how much 255/40R17's cost?
[thumbd]It doesn't matter cause I just put new winters on it this year.
[thumbd]Front end shimmy, famous with E34's... This is how I drive in a straight line:[driving2]
[thumbd]broken glass on highbeam
[thumbd]broken glass fog light... and broken wire that I keep wiggling around to make contact.
[thumbd]Thirsty for oil!! Thirsty for washer fluid... 2L per tank... washes all lights and window, all winter... I'm on my 6th jug of the winter... I don't even use one all summer in the cabrio.
[thumbd]AC doesn't work (obviously)
[thumbd]Crazy instrument cluster replaced with one from a later model 535i (it's a bit different apparently)

Try owning a E30 cabrio:
stone chips on the hood... worn interior.
Other than that... the only parts I've replaced because of failure in the 3 years that I've owned it... rear brakes, exhaust bracket, and cabrio top hideaway compartment shocks. All the money I've spent on it has been towards upgrading it. (suspension, lights, stereo, chip, front spoiler, shift kit.)

She's been an utter joy to own compared to my old '86 325e's.[wiggle] Sorry Joseph, my cabrio isn't a good example, but hopefully my E34 makes you feel better.

Try owning a E34!
[thumbd]I've got something binding in the rear left axle... hopefully some crap broken off the parking brake.
[thumbd]Rust growing in the corner of the trunk/rear window.
[thumbd]Rust on the front quarter panel
[thumbd]rust on the rear quarter
[thumbd]drivers door uphostery is peeling away from it's backing.
[thumbd]wobbly shifter bushings
[thumbd]just put a new radiator$$$ and thermostat in her after hand crafting a fan clutch tool out of diamond plate.
[thumbd]can't get one of my back seats to fold down
[thumbd]Those M5 rims I have... bald... wanna know how much 255/40R17's cost?
[thumbd]It doesn't matter cause I just put new winters on it this year.
[thumbd]Front end shimmy, famous with E34's... This is how I drive in a straight line:[driving2]
[thumbd]broken glass on highbeam
[thumbd]broken glass fog light... and broken wire that I keep wiggling around to make contact.
[thumbd]Thirsty for oil!! Thirsty for washer fluid... 2L per tank... washes all lights and window, all winter... I'm on my 6th jug of the winter... I don't even use one all summer in the cabrio.
[thumbd]AC doesn't work (obviously)
[thumbd]Crazy instrument cluster replaced with one from a later model 535i (it's a bit different apparently)
Awwww dude....
Rust is such a pain in the arse, probably the worst problem of motor cars.
I'm going to try to get a dial adjustment timing light for my crappy m20 "manual gear driven dizzy" and do some timing on it this week sometime...

Then purhaps the selling of my e30 is in order... [V]