Z4 -->> AIRBORNE <<-- (pic)

that's from the bmw film "hostage", the best one, in my opinion. i think i remeber hearing that they actually did jump a z4 like that, but on the landing th car was wrecked. i think im wrong though ---- that would be a pretty dangerous stunt for the stunt man, wouldnt it?

Yes, it is from the hostage. They did jump it, actually over shot the landing and almost took out a camera man. The car was wrecked quite badly. A better stunt from the same film is near the end when a stunt driver slides the car sideways towards the end of broken bridge. The driver stopped the car within 10 feet of the edge, no net, not safety cable. Very impressive bit of driving.

epj3

wileycoyote said:
Yes, it is from the hostage. They did jump it, actually over shot the landing and almost took out a camera man. The car was wrecked quite badly. A better stunt from the same film is near the end when a stunt driver slides the car sideways towards the end of broken bridge. The driver stopped the car within 10 feet of the edge, no net, not safety cable. Very impressive bit of driving.
my favorites are from season 1...start (the madonna one) and the one with the little asian kid are the 2 best imo.

the one with adriana lima.....the follow.....thats my favorite. its got a nice dramatic element and cool music and lima is soooo hot. true, its not a movie that showcases driving skills but i think its pretty good nonetheless

epj3

yea she is hot. I didnt get to see it till a few months ago becuase for some reason it was not available on their website till recently.

The stunt is made from 2 shots. One where the driver goes under guard arm and slides the car sidways. He gets pretty close the edge, closer than intended, without any cables. The final shot shows the car VERY close to the edge, that one is done by just draging the car around on cables.

It's a long story, but we had a "spill" at our plant that required us to clean a large portion of the loading dock (about 100 yards long and 50 yards wide of flat, open pavement). I found out they were using basically dish soap and water to clean it. It took some negotiating, but I talked the crew into letting me use the slick for about 30 minutes. I had a lot of fun sliding around in my Z3 (good clean fun?). It suprised me how hard it is to do a 180 with any accuracy. After that, I had a new respect for that stunt.

I'd say by Evel's standards, there aren't many stunts these days that qualify as dangerous... [}:)]

epj3

ooo000HITMAN000ooo said:
I like the one with the m5 in it[thumb]
season 1 - star (i think??) great one. My favorite. I think it's hot when he does the 90 degree turn at the intersection, looks black ane snaps his fingers in the turn. Damn thats awesome.

eric he does and it is star with madonna. in that one turn he releases the steering ans wheels a snaps with both hands. there is another situation where takes the hands away again and waves a little looking back to madonna to scare her.

but actually he was not driving. the cars pilot was astunt driver that had control of the car form the co pilot seat. [V]

Wadula said:
eric he does and it is star with madonna. in that one turn he releases the steering ans wheels a snaps with both hands. there is another situation where takes the hands away again and waves a little looking back to madonna to scare her.

but actually he was not driving. the cars pilot was astunt driver that had control of the car form the co pilot seat. [V]
i hate it when things are fake