Were is everybody

I know i havent been around in awile , Seams like everybody is driving there cars
be nice to hear from everybody in the 8 hang out here [thumb] [burnout]

chipray

What's up Dwayne!

Hey Dwayne,

It's me Chip. I finally got around to checking out the forum again. I still have my 850 and love it more than ever. I completed the valve cover gasket changeout, and at the same time ended up doing the motor mounts, oil pan gasket, timing adjuster 0-ring, all new cooling hoses, fuel lines, hose clamps, rebuilt the power steering pump, etc, etc, etc. I also "did up" the intake manifolds and they turned out pretty nice. I coated them with sliver ceramic heat paint and then polished the "BMW" and stripes, then blacked out around them. Have a look....

How's life treating you up in Redding? I hope all is well. Talk to you soon, Chip.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey chip its been a long time buddy i was wondering about what happened to you
i see you finally gut wrenched the 850 and got it all back together looking nice you go man go ...my 850 has been stored with a still 68,000 miles ..found out i had worped fron rotors so i just parked the car in the garage ..i finally moved up in the mountains of mount shasta and gods country of whiskey town lake and redding ca ...and the fishin and spring living at its best ..i am trying to decide wether to convert over to bear brakes our just go with slotted rotors all the way around with some 18.5 rondells wheels ...i got a hard on for those MK sports but finding them is a nightmare at a decent price ...anyway chip your motor looks good buddy the car should fly ...hit me up at mr_eastbay20004@yahoo.com
shure nice to see you again good buddy ...

Big Daddy

Dwayne try this site for your brakes, they are inexpensive and shipping is free on orders over $50.00. They have the Zimmermans for your car, cross drilled for $107.00.

ShopandDrive

Chipray that V12 looks nice, your making me miss my 750iL!

Thanks for the warm welc.

Checking out your Z.
|'m in the market for one as daily driver. No M though just a regular Z3. I really like the wide rear that yours sports. The 1998 and beyond 6 cylinders have the same rear up until the facelift. But the reality is that I'll probably end up with a four banger. I realy don't need the speed, I have my 8 for that and the insurance will be reduced, as well as the gas.
I'll be headed to Germany to shop, I'm just not sure when. I've been online at Autoscout24 checking out cars but still no must see cars have shown themselves. What can you tell me as an owner? Assuming you own the car in your sig pic.

Big Daddy

AJ yes that's my car! The 4-cyls are well balanced and very nice cars. If it doesn't change much I would get the 2.8, I owned a 97 2.8 and they are super cars, plus the 97 has the same wider stance as the M's. Plenty of power, yet get great mileage. Watch for the rear diff mounts and subframes. Some owners have complained of cracking in that area. Here is a better shot of mine.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Big Daddy said:
AJ yes that's my car! The 4-cyls are well balanced and very nice cars. If it doesn't change much I would get the 2.8, I owned a 97 2.8 and they are super cars, plus the 97 has the same wider stance as the M's. Plenty of power, yet get great mileage. Watch for the rear diff mounts and subframes. Some owners have complained of cracking in that area. Here is a better shot of mine.

Hey Big Daddy now that I think about it I have never seen any pics of your ride...is there a link i can see it at? That goes for you too Dwayne....

mihai

I am a newbie to the site but not to BMW. I just purchased an 850 i 6 speed manual....I love this car! I have EDC and I want to change to be able to put Bilstein and H&R but I can't find someone that can make this change for me. I live in WV, if anyone knows where I can take my car for the upgrades, please let me know.