smoked tail-lights

I have a 1987 325is, and I believe I saw a thread about blacking out the tail-light covers.....if anybody knows how the locate that thread or just know how to black out the tail-light covers, then I would appreciate it.....

thanks

adamsonem

1000 Post Club
You can buy them for a lot of money ($300 I believe - for the pair) or you can buy a "smoke" paint (which is really a deep purple).. If you do the latter, I would suggest finding a scrapped e30 and taking the taillights and doing it to them as a test. Good luck. [thumb]

and here are the early.

The sidemakers and front turns are on your own though because they dont make them for US bumpers.

A lot of people have had food luck using a model car tint spray.

ScottMc

I tinted the rear lights on my 320 with....... dont laugh now....
womans tights! [eek]

just remove the rear clusters and stretch the tights over them. secure it and bolt them back on. It sounds stupid but it works and you really dont notice that it is tights.

The effect is not as strong as from say using tint spray but it does look better than standard and costs next to nothing!

heres some pics of before and after - please ignore the state of the car i only got it a few weeks ago and it still needs a lot of work!

hope that helps

Attachments

You have good taste. [;)]

Genuine Alpina Classics in 16x7 and 16x8. I got them for $1800 a year ago but I have heard they are a bit higher right now. You can get them from KSK Distributing.

I am in the process of bulding a home-brew Alpina car, this will be the finished product just in Delhpin-Metallik:

The process is kinda documented on my site, if the DNS ever updates to get it live again.