Repair Costs

really

I didn't know you could relpace an L-Jet harness to a Motronic harness. That is very interesting. I thought K-Jet was the closest to Motronic (and why they went around L and back to K and then to Motronic has always confused me (not hard))
Maybe you can though...I don't know, but it seems wierd.....let me know...cliff

I really wonder what planet you are on sometimes?? Lower the subframe and engine to change the plugs on an m50??? WTF?

Yes you can go from L-jet to motronic. you can also go from motronic 1.1 to 1.3 in the case of installing a f/l motor in a pre f/l car and vice versa (although this is more difficult as the flywheel sensors won't be present in the gearbox bell housing. it is possible to tap the bellousing and install them of course.

Last edited:
sorry

I was sort of kidding .... but not entirely, actually the timing sensor on my 88 325i isn't on the fly wheel at all...how odd

Well that might be because the 88 is the facelift model which means it has no flywheel sensors. It has the sensor in front reading off the fan pulley damper.

Hence why it's harder to put a pre f/l motor in a f/l as a bracket and pulley are easier to obtain and install than two sensors in a gearbox with no hole to put them in.

correct...the timing sensor is on the front....looks like a lipstick casing

Well that might be because the 88 is the facelift model which means it has no flywheel sensors. It has the sensor in front reading off the fan pulley damper.

Hence why it's harder to put a pre f/l motor in a f/l as a bracket and pulley are easier to obtain and install than two sensors in a gearbox with no hole to put them in.