New Mods

Its taken some time, but I finally got around to installing new Angel Eye headlights, Fog Lights, New re-conditioned seats. The Angle Eye kit was very easy to install and it looks very professional. I've still got to fine toon the adjustment on the headlights.
While I was at it I cleaned the carpet, installed new ashtrays, lighter and all associated small lignts. Since I didn't use the new carpet I had I'm sending it back to Bavarian Autosport for credit.....[thumb]

I'm going to finally order the front valence, new mark side wiring and bulbs, new shift boot, and maybe finally put the tool kit back together.

Winter project will be a new Stereo/CD with I pod and stock replacement speakers.

Here's a few picks of my 325 IS with all then new goodies!![bmwdance]

Zdaneman sends....REDONE RIDER[bmwkick]

Attachments

Well.....thats an ugly story.

I ordered the lights from Bavarian Autosport. Stock replacement is $240.00 a side or $480.00 for the set. Angel Eyes upgrades are ...I think $395.00 for the complete set. Now the key is not to drop the right side on a concrete floor while your putting them in!!!![?|] That cost me an additional $175.00 so it really wasn't cost efective for me. Instructions are included but not sure who the hell wrote them!!1 They were a little confusing to me. It took about 3 hours from start to finish to install them. Not too bad! Everything else in the kit was first class. Nice wiring components and its looks very professinal. I'm more than happy with the kit.

It would have been nice to have install photos![confused]

Zdaneman sends[bmwdance]

UOTE=enzo90;204205]very nice

how much did those lights run you?[/QUOTE]

lol @ enzo.

Zdaneman - what makes your car a 325is as opposed to a 325i?

Cheers
(stolen from another forum)

"The difference between a 325 i and 325 is are as follows...
1. exterior - 'is' has a lower front spoiler, 'is' has a color match rear spoiler
2. suspension- 'is' has sport suspension with 14inch BBS rims
3. drivetrain- engine is the same for both but the 'is' came with lsd
4. interior - 'is' had map lights in the rear view mirror, sport seat (heated was an option) also years with pre-air bag had different steering wheels. Also, 'is' came with the sound system option."

So did someone remove the lower front spoiler and BBS rims from yours? Also your suspension looks non-sport as the sport package in NZ and UK had 15mm drop.

Sounds similar to m325i in NZ, and 325iSport in UK except those had full mtech kit, and 15" BBS basket weaves.

All due respect - not trying to be negative, just wondering if things are different in NA.

Very nice car you have there.

Well....I thought I was UGLY!

OK,

Yes, its an IS...I swithched the wheels because I like the bottle caps better.[clap]

The front spolier is getting replaced now. The old one looked tired with all the new lights. I'm waiting on delivery. [confused] Rear spoiler is in place, see photos.[fake]

Suspension has been up graded to Bilsteins ( Sport). Look at wheel well clearance.

Rear view mirror has map lights, idiot check light consol is also in IS package, power sun roof, ( not sure if that was an IS option) [wiggle]

Steering wheel as far as I know is stock but it looks like an M version to me.[ohcrap]

And it has the full 6 speaker system to include the tweeters. [:D]

So yeah, its an IS[read]

Now if I could just find someone here in DC to do some body work and layout some excellent paint work without taking out a second mortage. I'd be realy to sale it and hunt an 88 M3[bmwdance]

Its got 116 K miles and I've got reciepts for over 8 K worth of work and parts.
Bad part is its got a salvage title.

Thanks for all the nice comments!!!

What's it worth ?????[bmwdance]

Must have a different spec in N/A as the euro/nz/Aus/SA ones all had side skirts, (plus side mouldings from 88 on) rear skirt and much larger rear spoiler on the iS. Then again we didn't have diving boards so maybe they had to drop some items to cater for those.

The Bilsteinds are shocks and don't alter your ride height, but I won't argue here either as photos can lie about ride height. Your guard gaps look massive though.

Idiot check panel was standard on all 6-cyl cars I thought (it is over here).

never heard of anyone preferring bottlecaps to BBS basket weaves, esp. since the is weaves were 15" not 14" like the bottles, but to each their own I guess.

Map light and business stereo system were options for iS over here too.

Different specs for different markets. As long as it has the suspension package and LSD then its OK with me. They're the important bits!

(degrading remarks about other members removed by Big Daddy)

=echothreezero;204286]Must have a different spec in N/A as the euro/nz/Aus/SA ones all had side skirts, (plus side mouldings from 88 on) rear skirt and much larger rear spoiler on the iS. Then again we didn't have diving boards so maybe they had to drop some items to cater for those.

The Bilsteinds are shocks and don't alter your ride height, but I won't argue here either as photos can lie about ride height. Your guard gaps look massive though.

Idiot check panel was standard on all 6-cyl cars I thought (it is over here).

never heard of anyone preferring bottlecaps to BBS basket weaves, esp. since the is weaves were 15" not 14" like the bottles, but to each their own I guess.

Map light and business stereo system were options for iS over here too.

Different specs for different markets. As long as it has the suspension package and LSD then its OK with me. They're the important bits![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
parts wise I see virtually no difference between a 325i and a 325is other than the muffler (and possible body trim) ...brakes oil filters rocker shafts thermostats and such all the same..even the spark plug wires are the same ...very little different between a regular 325i and a 325is..very little...

Wow

This reminds me of the ZRX motorcycle web site now! Life is too short....drink a beer![cheers]

As we used to say in Special Forces...its all fun and games till someone looses an eye![boxface]

I really don't care 325i or 325is ....its and e30! [thumb]

Zdaneman sends[bmwdance]