How To Keep It Going

pop

undefinedundefined [offtopic] After thinking about what tire to replace my michelin s with ..I started thinking how long can a x5 possibly run without major problems ...I guess answer probably is still not one that can be answered with any degree of accuracy...but what and when do the problems start if ever and can they be avoided .....45 years ago an uncle once said to me the best thing you can do is change your oil on a regular basis to keep youcar on the road...I wonder does that still apply ...and what else makes for trouble free miles...

pop

Thanks for the feedback...I agree the importance of regular services cannot be discounted....I have BMW do mine more often than needed...if there is one thing that I am not confortable with its the sealed tranmission thing...I would like to maintain it but apparently not....being sealed....if you dont mind I would appreciate your thoughts on it...thanks [wave]

Big Daddy

I too am not a big fan of a "sealed transmission", in fact I would ask a trusted Non-dealership shop about the ability to "open" the seal and service the transmission. BMW automatics, in the past have had some problems beginning around the 100 - 150k range. My wife's non-bmw car manual says that it needs no servicing however it is not sealed and at about 30k I will have the transmission flushed and refilled. Best of luck with her and this issue.