echothreezero Pics of my wheels.

Here are a couple pictures of my 325e with the 18"s. I like the way they look although I hate the power loss and yes 18"s with Bilstein sport shocks and Eibach springs running 215/35/18 tires is definitely not a comfortable ride. Although it handles extremely well, I can take curves at 95 mph whereas before I was afraid to take them at 70.
I have to say I was very confused though about the fitments of the wheels on my car. I was told that I would need at least 15mm spacers with 8"wide wheels with a 40+ offset and that I would have to roll my fenders. I got the wheels to fit fine with 1/4 inch (6.35mm) spacers and no fender rolling was required.

Attachments

Hey..

Nice looking ride!!

Zdaneman[bmwdance]

Here are a couple pictures of my 325e with the 18"s. I like the way they look although I hate the power loss and yes 18"s with Bilstein sport shocks and Eibach springs running 215/35/18 tires is definitely not a comfortable ride. Although it handles extremely well, I can take curves at 95 mph whereas before I was afraid to take them at 70.
I have to say I was very confused though about the fitments of the wheels on my car. I was told that I would need at least 15mm spacers with 8"wide wheels with a 40+ offset and that I would have to roll my fenders. I got the wheels to fit fine with 1/4 inch (6.35mm) spacers and no fender rolling was required.

Lower that car son!

I'm puzzled by the offset. The 325e should have the 51mm struts to hold the larger shock inserts for the heavier 6cyl AFAIK. With 51mm struts and a 7" wheel max offset is between 30 and 35 (from experience of trying to fit them on more than one e30. Thus an 8" wheel will be 12.7mm closer to the strut. 40mm offset will be another 5-10mm closer again. Hence the recommendation (I think it was me) for 1" spacers.

On the rear it is the guard that causes trouble - I have 7" wheels with p20 offset and I had to roll the guards slightly as they rubbed on acceleration squat.

So I would expect you wouldn't need spacers at all on the rear.

So these are 8" wheels p40 offset and they fit with 6mm spacers?

Maybe it has something to do with your ride height.

What size tyres are you running?

PS dish looks sweet, but I think 18's are too big for an e30. But thats just my opinion.

Lower that car son!

I'm puzzled by the offset. The 325e should have the 51mm struts to hold the larger shock inserts for the heavier 6cyl AFAIK. With 51mm struts and a 7" wheel max offset is between 30 and 35 (from experience of trying to fit them on more than one e30. Thus an 8" wheel will be 12.7mm closer to the strut. 40mm offset will be another 5-10mm closer again. Hence the recommendation (I think it was me) for 1" spacers.

On the rear it is the guard that causes trouble - I have 7" wheels with p20 offset and I had to roll the guards slightly as they rubbed on acceleration squat.

So I would expect you wouldn't need spacers at all on the rear.

So these are 8" wheels p40 offset and they fit with 6mm spacers?

Maybe it has something to do with your ride height.

What size tyres are you running?

PS dish looks sweet, but I think 18's are too big for an e30. But thats just my opinion.
I'm running 215/35/18
I already lowered the car with eibach springs and bilstein sport shocks. Its pretty damn low, i guess it was just a bad angle from the pic, although due to the wheels being so big, the car sits a little higher. 17s would drop the car a good bit lower.

The car won't sit any higher with the bigger wheels. With 215/35/18 (correct size btw) the overal diameter/height including rubber is IDENTICAL to stock overall diameter/height. It is a common misconception that bigger wheels are overall bigger and thus make the car higher.

I've worked out why it looks high - you aren't running very big spacers on the rear are you? (or any at all?) The wheels are thus tucked far into the guards leaving a gap which gives the impression of height. Spacers on the rear will make the car look way better and lower.

The car won't sit any higher with the bigger wheels. With 215/35/18 (correct size btw) the overal diameter/height including rubber is IDENTICAL to stock overall diameter/height. It is a common misconception that bigger wheels are overall bigger and thus make the car higher.

I've worked out why it looks high - you aren't running very big spacers on the rear are you? (or any at all?) The wheels are thus tucked far into the guards leaving a gap which gives the impression of height. Spacers on the rear will make the car look way better and lower.
Well I believed that more rubber would sit a little lower than a car with less rubber due to the stiffness of the tire. (guess I was wrong)
Yea, you might be right. I am currently running 1/4" in spacers on all wheels.
I want to get 8mm hubcentrics for the front and 15mm hubcentrics for the back, plus a set of tuner bolts, just gotta wait for the money to be right. (school just started again and $400 for books just sucks.) [?|]