Code for anti-theft system in a 1995 525i

daclewien

I just bought a 95' 525i and my battery died, I jumped it off and my radio was displaying CODE at the time. I went home, parked the car then tried to start it and nothing in it functions w/the key in the ignition, no lights, doors wont unlock like normal. I had to jump it off again and it started, but still displaying CODE. I did my research and found out that I need to enter the code in to reset the system. HERE IS THE PROBLEM......I do not know the code or how to reset the code. Can anyone give me any ideas of how to get the code or to reset it? ASAP would be great as this is my only car and I do not have time to jumo it off everytime I need to go somewhere.

Big Daddy

The radio reset code should be in the owners manual, it is usually a credit card sized plastic card with the radio code. The only other way I know if you do not have that is take proof of ownership, title, registration and ID to the dealer along with the VIN and he can get it, but will most likely charge you!

CODE in radio display

Hi there,

I believe that "CODE" is displayed in the radio because it got reset when the battery died. It's like it got unplugged and needs the radio code to understand that it(the radio) is still in the right car, and not stolen. You might have to do as Big Daddy suggests and go to the dealership for this #.
It also sounds to me that you're going to need to replace that battery. If you jumped it and only drove for 20-30 minutes, then I can see how it'd still be dead when you went back out to you car.
If you don't have the bucks for a battery, you might be wise to get yourself a charger.

Good luck
Tiger