1999 m3 convertable swicth not working

polygaryd

ok guys help me out here. i know from personal expirence and from reading all sorts of posts on this forum that the swicth will blink when the motors are out of sync etc. now the problem is after i took out my factory amp cuz i installed a new mp3 cd deck and didnt need it and it was broken anyway my top stopped working.. the button doesnt blink it doesnt roll my windows down it doesnt try to make the top work at all. nothing.. i checked the fuse under the hood and it seems to be good. is there more than one fuse for it? how many connectors are supposed to go to the module that controls the top? i doubt i unplugged one but i was fishing around in there to try to follow the speaker wires to one of the rear speakers located right near the top control module.. i am so sick of going to the dealer for this kind of crap. it is probably simple since i didnt pull the red handle and the top most likely doesnt even need to be reinitialized. i doubt the switch would go bad.. all of a sudden why would it? is that a common problem? how can i test any electrical part of this top? the switch and the module is what i am most interested in.. any help would be great..