1995 M3?

Hi guys. I sold my E36 328is a year ago as I departed overseas, now I'm back and looking for E36 M3 (too bad there are none Eurpean spec E36 M3 in US). I heard that 1995 model is the one to get due to ODB I, more neutral suspention and overall realibility. Is it so? Please share your experience.

Also, I've found one '95 M3 with 96,000 miles on it, very good condition and clean title. Owner asks $11,500, is it a fair price?

Thanks a lot in advance.

That sounds fair if he has all of the records and gives them to you.
I paid 13.7k for mine over a year ago, it had 95k on it. I was fortunate enough to purchase mine from a meticulous one owner. I have had to do some suspension work to it, cost me over a $1000 but it was time.
Depending on if the 95 is an early 94 model, they have found problems with faulty valve retainers, when bmw became aware of it they fixed the problem.
As far as handling goes, unless you are going to drive crazy as hell you probably wouldn't notice the difference between a 95 and the 96-99 although the 95 is set up to handle more aggressive driving than the later e36's. I'm a member of m3forum and there is quite a bit of debate on which e36 m is the best. I stay true to the 95, it's the most aggressive and a bit more raw than the others, later models were a bit more plush.
Another thing about the 95, it breathes much better than the later m3's.
I am in a bmw club in Tulsa, I haven't met a later m3 that can beat mine.
This could help you in deciding too : http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/20_greatest_cars/0604_bmw_m3/index.html